After my upgrade to my new phone, I accidentally deleted the list of all my RSS feeds I follow. It took some months to remember all the different ones, but I’ve finally recreated the entire list and re-subscribed to them all. I use RSS Reader on Android with pro version (no ads, no tracking!).
After completing the great resubscribe of ’16, I decided to make a post about my list mainly so I have a backup but also so my friends who sometimes ask where I get my news can follow along if they so desire.
A list of blogs I follow, non-personal:
- Discrete Blogarithm – the personal blog of yan/@bcrypt I saw Yan speak at DefCon last year (2015). Little did I know that I’d already read some her posts via Hacker News without know who she was (I’m looking at you Sniffly).
- Boing Boing – Though the preponderance of “buy this in our store” along with lefty fear-mongering is wearing a bit thin.
- Engadget – they won out over gizmodo
- xkcd – geekiest comic around
- What if? – Long form answers to things like, “What would happen if you tried to hit a baseball pitched at 90% the speed of light?” Same author as XKCD
- Schneier on Security – the godfather of crypto
- Krebs on Security – get your ATM hacks and security breaches on!
- A Few Thoughts on Cryptographic Engineering – Mathew Green is the only person who I think actually earns his keep as, “Foremost Authority on Crypto”. When there’s a vulnerability found and you want to know how bad it actually is, read this guy.
- Hacker News Daily – I can’t stand reading Hacker News full bore, so the top 10 most commented daily is just right.
- Moxie Marlinspike’s Blog – Author of TextSecure and Signal and crypto behind WhatsApp. Matthew Green recalls that the first time he audited Marlinspike’s code, he was so impressed that he “literally discovered a line of drool running down my face.”
- The Intercept » Glenn Greenwald – part of the team that broke the Snowden Revelations
- The Intercept » Micah Lee – head of security/tech at The Intercept.
- The Oatmeal – Great silly comic strip who’s no slouch in the legal department.
- Marin Fowler – Stay fresh on programming theory and techniques.
- Coding Horror – Jeff Atwood – blogging since 2004, co-founder of Stack Exchange.
- Hyperbole and a Half – Deeply funny, wonderfully honest (dormant since 2013)
Blogs I follow, personal (people I know):
- Kristen Rogers – mother & author
- Vytas SunSpiral – Tensegrtiy Roboticist and all around awesome guy!
- Johnvey Hwang – you may remember him from such things as deliciousdirector (blog dormant since 2012)
- The Worst Thing in the World – …worst practices… – Russ Uman (Dormant since 2014)